The Eye of the Flak (Das Auge der Flak) Vol.1
The Eye of the Flak (Das Auge der Flak) Volume 1 is the result of over ten years extensive research and the first in a trilogy on German World War 2 Flak optics with emphasis on the 10 x 80 45° Flakfernrohr.
In Volume l the authors have approached the world’s most produced high-aperture military binocular from both the historical and functional perspective in an attempt to give the 10 x 80 its rightful place in optical and military history.
- The evolution of Flak observation binoculars from1914 to 1945 with the emphasis on the D.F. 10 x 80 Flakfernrohr
- Interactions between the German military administrations and the optical industry
- German military optics logistics and optical repairs in the field during WW II
- Use and functions of the D.F. 10 x 80 by Wehrmacht. Luftwaffe and Kriegsmarine, from searchlight director to the first missile guidance systems
- New and as yet undisclosed information on codes, lubricants, paints, coating techniques and much more
The Eye of the Flak
Authors: Dr Peter De Laet & Francis Vermeire
Language: English + English/German captions
No of Photos: 430+
No of documents: 50+
No of Pages: 384
Physical: Hardcover, leather-bound, dust-jacket, 305x220mm, portrait